Monday, March 26, 2012

OWOP Day 3... @Baking Extravaganza with Mela.

Another glorious day... and it was even nicer because I got to spend with Mela {Pincushion Treats} indulging in my other passion. BAKING! And what a spread we made!


The delicious homemade goodies were: Lemon Macaroons, Strawberry Macaroons, Scones, Finger Sandwiches, cupcakes... with a lovely Bubbly I picked on the way.

I would say that we had "proper english tea party."


We have so many gorgeous pictures that they deserve a dedicated blog post including the macaroons recipes(tutorial), probably next week.

Did you guess what I was wearing??? Yes.. An apron made based on the Cynthia Rowley pattern.



The apron(s)...I made one matching for Mela, also deserve a dedicate post later next week, will include a tutorial/materials etc..

My Apron:

 
Mela's Apron:

 

All the photos we were togethers are in Mela's camera ( Thanks Gosh for tripods) so when she posts them I will re-post it on the blog... they are hilarious! Drunk? maybe... Hyper.. Totally! LoL

*updated* Stolen from Mela's post
Thank you so much Mela for hosting this fun day and I can se many more coming around over summer.


22 comments:

  1. You both look as sweet as your baking!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Winnie, we had a fab time together

      Delete
  2. Looks like you both had a great time, how lovely of you to have made beautiful, matching aprons! And I can't believe you made macaroons...they are my favourite desert ever, but they look so hard to make!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie, I had a great teacher... I also love them and will be making more at home...

      Delete
  3. Amazing blog, would you mind take a look at mine and maybe follow if you like it ? i follow everyone back!

    http://models-on-the-runway.blogspot.pt/

    and please if you can like my blog on the facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ModelsontheRunway

    ReplyDelete
  4. And this is what life is all about - looks like you shared a great day together ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your tea party I'm hungry for your treats......That is a beautiful apron that you made I need to make one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You going to love this tutorial.. very easy !

      Delete
  6. WOW! I'm so impressed by your baking! You both look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we both love baking as much as sewing so its easy to have fun !

      Delete
  7. I had such a great time. We need to have a sewing party next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes yes yes... i will shoot some dates... Wanna come around?

      Delete
  8. Looks like fun! And your cakes look so delicious - I really want to try making macaroons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mela is macaroon queen.. I learn so much

      Delete
  9. Now I'm hungry!!! Love the apron-- too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I see those my mouth water... The weren't any left....

      Delete
  10. yummy and fun.. what more can you ask for??? I am totally jealous
    of ya'lls fun cooking day..And what adorable aprons.. I can't wait
    for the tutorial..
    Thanks for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Judy, I wish I could invite you for tea too xx

      Delete
  11. Rachel you have no right being so slim after eating goodies like that - really sweet apron.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Don't worry if you cannot see your comment straight away.
I need to approve them. When they show it means I read, appreciated it, even made a happy dance. Sometimes is hard to answer individual comments but I will always answer a question.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me!