Thursday, July 19, 2012

Creative Procrastination. I'm guilty!


I have to start this post quoting my friend MrsC on a recent comment she made on {How many patterns?}

She wrote:  "Hahahaha! I can spot study procrastination a mile away. Pie charts of your patterns? I distinctly remember during a study break many years ago that my friend and I really needed to return an umbrella to another friend (anything but study) and the other friend was cleaning out her wardrobe while her sister was baking. The variety and creativity we put into procrastinating was worth an A+ in itself!" 

She got me. I'm in a stage of constant creative procrastination. For those of you that follow me on instagram and twitter you probably guessed by the sneak previews that I'm busy but I'm not doing any dissertation writing !

Oh I know what will happen! I will leave it all for last minute and try to write all in one month like a crazy person that doesn't sleep or eat and will curse my lack of keeping on the plan. I got a plan.. why don't i just follow it? ;o(

Enough ramblings.. wanna see one of my creative procrastination?

I refashioned an old shoe with Mod Podge. For my american friends, you are probably very familiar with this product. For the rest of us its still untested crafting territory... It's like magical crafters glue. You can use for anything with any material. I had mine stored for an year.. see what been stuck on your studies makes you do. You use your stash and get creative...lol!

Modge Pod Chita shoes Factsheet:

I used Chita, a cheap and cheerful brazilian Fabric: it’s bright, colourful and beautiful! The 100% light weight cotton fabric tradionally comes in big, bold flower patterns, rich in color and detail. But also in small and delicate little flowers set up against a bright background. The textile feeling is not soft so its perfect for projects like this and home decoration. This fabric is used by many brazilian designers and crafters, who crave it’s bold colors and funky vintage vibe!

 Time to make: 20 min applying each layer and allowing 30- 40 min drying time. The 3 layers took a day drying.

*updated: Watch how to measure your shoes. 

18 comments:

  1. I remember those days, grad school was a great time of creative procrastination. My fingernails never looked better than when I had a lot of studying to do. I'm sure you will get your thesis done, and look lovely doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so pretty! I'm remembering this for the next time my daughter wants to chuck a pair of old flats

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're so pretty! My advice (as someone who wrote what was essentially a novel for her MFA in Creative writing thesis in about three months)--stick to the plan. You'll be so much happier. Treat writing your dissertation as a job--a 9-5 job. Get up, shower, get dressed, and sit in front of the computer as though it is your job. Take a 1/2 hour break for lunch. Stop at 5 p.m. and "go home" to make dinner, relax, sew, watch T.V., etc. Every. Single. Day. You'll be far less stressed and finish in a timely manner. AND have time to edit and revise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Tina, thank you for your encouragement.. I do need to follow my plan or I won't get the grade i want and i know I can achieve! x

      Delete
  4. I enjoy visiting your blog, so check your mine because you have an award for you.

    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful!!! I really do think one ought to be about 10% of any grade based on the creativity of one's procrastinating! hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. no matter what happens we are guilty of doing something other that what we should. I must say atleast you have ended up with a lovely pair of shoes, I normally end up eating choc and drinking coffee, which doesn't help with the guilty feeling. x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these shoes! They're so cute! I definitely remember that procrastination thing-- my apartment was always as clean and organized as can be when I had term papers due! Good luck with your project-- hope it goes well and you find the time and focus to chip away at it every day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that fabric and the shoes look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, love the shoes. Sometimes you just need an easier project to jumpstart the creativity. You'll have to keep us all updated on how long they last with the ModgePodge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm so glad you're procrastinating. why else would i now have to go to the store to get mod podge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOl... Ohh Oonna, it will be worth them ! ;o))

      Delete
  11. This is so cool! How did you get the fabric the exact size and shape of your shoes? I want to do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to get a tutorial for you ..

      Delete
  12. Wow, love the fabric - it's perfect for this project! Do you know where I can get the chita fabric?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!! Im not sure where you can get it outside Brazil...

      Delete
  13. These are really nice! I love flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow I love this project, time well spent procrastinating!!
    This has properly convinced me to buy mod podge I'm just wishing I hadn't thrown out those shoes now :(

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Don't worry if you cannot see your comment straight away.
I need to approve them. When they show it means I read, appreciated it, even made a happy dance. Sometimes is hard to answer individual comments but I will always answer a question.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me!