Thursday, July 26, 2012

"She got, Betty Davis eyes..."



Pattern: Molly Makes issue 14. This doll is available to download free.

Fabric: Katherine Wheel for the dress and shoes, muslin for the body and mohair wool for the hair from my cape.

Time to make: It's so simple... I would say one hour at most

Notions: ric arc from stash

Did it look like the photo/drawing of the pattern once you were done sewing with it? Yes. I does look like the one in the magazine. Final size is 41,5 cm.

Were the instructions easy to follow? I only glanced on the instructions as the pattern is almost self-explanatory. In general I would say its fairly easy!

Did you use new skills or a particular skill: I have drawn and embroidered her face.

Did you make any alterations or modifications? She doesn't wear trousers but a sixty mini dress with long sleeves. I didn't add the headband.

Would you make it again? Yes.. I got so many friends with baby girls and this pattern is too darling to not make more. I will keep Betty for myself ....

If there anything you would had liked to have done differently? I would change the nose if I could and made the shoes in felt instead of fabric.

Tell me something I may not know: I used real make up blush on her checks!


24 comments:

  1. Aaaw, Betty's so cute Rachel!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute, Rachel! And I love the Bette Davis reference. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks shams.. I love Betty Davies

      Delete
  3. I love your new Bettie doll.. too cute..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy, Im sure your granddaughters would love making it..

      Delete
  4. Aw, super cute! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So darn cute! Colouring pencil is good for blush too but only for dollies ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great tip about the colouring pencil, thanks :) Bee x

      Delete
  6. Betty is a delight .... thanks Rachel, you have inspired me to go and make one for my little girl ...that's this weekend's sewing sorted!

    Bee x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I'm a first time visitor to your blog. I love the doll, especially the colors of her dress. I agree with the felt shoe idea. I might have to try this one for my nieces. Now onto check out the rest of your posts, the recipies sound delish :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzy. Welcome and I hope you enjoy..

      Delete
  8. I love that song and your doll is wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh she is sooooo darn cute! I don't blame you for keeping her as I would too :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Don't worry if you cannot see your comment straight away.
I need to approve them. When they show it means I read, appreciated it, even made a happy dance. Sometimes is hard to answer individual comments but I will always answer a question.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me!