Monday, August 06, 2012

★Going for Gold★ Workroom 6070

Fabric:  Tee cotton bought in Porto last year
Pattern: New Look Workroom 6070

 

Pattern Description: Misses Dress


Size: Uk 12
Year: Modern
Notions: None. 
Time to complete: it's so straight forward that it took 1h30. I could made it more expensive by lining or add interfacing as directed but I wanted a day to day summer dress.
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes. Just the sleeves look different. A lot less volume on the pattern photo. I ditched completely!


Were the instructions easy to follow? Very easy. I loved this pattern. 
What's skills: No new skills were used.

Did you make any alterations or modifications? Besides adding length, nope. Ohh, I didn't secure the pleas... 

Did I mention I love this pattern?

First worn: 27 July- Open ceremony party in my town! And On the Olympic park in London.
Wear again? Yes. It's comfortable and cute
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I didn't like the sleeves. After making as the pattern directed I realised I needed to reduce the volume. Since we are having a heat wave in the UK I dropped the sleeves all together. 
Will you make it again?  Yes... Oh I felt this pattern was made for me. I want to make it more form fitting, secure the pleas and add the zipper next time. I will make one in wool and long sleeves for the winter too. It's flattering and easy to sew.. best of all. No FBA modifications!
Conclusion: I'm so please with this pattern. I didn't have to do any significant modifications... Oh how good its to just cut and sew!!!

♫:Jorge Ben Jor


Are you excited about the olympics? 











24 comments:

  1. What a true 'diehard' supporter you are! The dress is lovely, and looks very comfy. And to just cut and sew - what a bonus. Love the piccies of the family...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sleeveless version of the dress and the way you turned it into casual dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute dress! I love that you found a chic way to cheer on your countrymen/ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous! love it! Beautiful AND patriotic! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your dress..Looks fantastic, also the flip flops were the perfect colors..
    Enjoyed the photos of your parents.. know your enjoying their visit.. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you look fantastic in it! Love the way the stripes look on the bodice too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really lovely looking dress - looks like you had sunshine for your events - we are going today for the show jumping and looks like rain yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! I love it without the sleeves. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This pattern was made for you, you look gorgeous Rachel! And I love your Olympic family photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great place to debut your dress, looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a full-on case of dress jealousy right now. This is utterly, utterly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous dress Rachel! I love your colour choice and the shape is fabulous on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your dad is hilarious. lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your dress is lovely, lucky you at the olympics with your family...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great looking dress- really suit you well, and I just love the colour!!!!! Great to see you enjoying your time with the family!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable dress and great photos! Really gets me into the Olympic spirit. Viva Brasil!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The fit on your dress is flawless!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this! Looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome! What a great way to show off the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your dress is lovely and perfect for the Olympic games!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like it without the sleeves, you're right about the volume. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This dress is great! I'm jealous that you got to go to the Olympics and you look like yo had a great time!

    I made a more formal version of this dress which you can see on my kate corrie sewing blog at http://www.katecorrie.moonfruit.com/#/blog/4575339384/Welcome-Spring/5435755 - you've inspired me to do something more casual with it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love what you've done with the pattern - and am a little jealous that you went to the Olympics - looks like you had a great time.

    I made a more formal version of this dress which you may be interested in seeing here at http://www.katecorrie.moonfruit.com/#/blog/4575339384/Welcome-Spring/

    You've inspired me to whip something more casual up for the summer!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Don't worry if you cannot see your comment straight away.
I need to approve them. When they show it means I read, appreciated it, even made a happy dance. Sometimes is hard to answer individual comments but I will always answer a question.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me!