Friday, September 28, 2012

Pattern Review Mini wardrobe Challenge: My entry!

Hello Girls, 

Since my return to sewing mid Sept I decided to plan & sew a Mini-Wardrobe. How wonderful that Pattern Review is running a competition at the same time. The objective of the challenge is to choose an item you already own and make 4 items to mix and match, creating many outfits.

Skirts & Dresses are my "go-to" outfits. I choose the patterns to complement a red skirt from Warehouse. It has beautiful godet inverted pleas, large waistband and back invisible zipper. 
Kept the colour scheme complementary so it was easy to match the items...


Even better, it was a stash busting exercise as nothing was bought to make this mini-wardrobe...


You can find individual patterns review here:

I sewn this in less than 2 weeks and feel really proud of the outcome... 
If you like it too, why not vote for me!

21 comments:

  1. Lady, you are very prolific! Kelly skirt is a real knockout (@-@) Can you please share a link to the vote page?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks darling , when the voting start in oct I will share the link..

      Delete
  2. Fabulous and a huge achievement - I will be voting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't take you long to get back into the swing of sewing, and then some!!! Definitely voting on this one...
    Made By J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judith... I'm so glad you girls stuck by me and are enjoying my return

      Delete
  4. What a lovely mini wardrobe..Great job.. Where do I go to vote for you?[sorry I am dumb,ha] Just let me know,I will definitly vote for you.. happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy, on pattern review contest page. I need to post a link when they open the voting in few days

      Delete
    2. Thanks.. I will go and vote for you.

      Delete
  5. I like how it all works together, Rachel. You'll get my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely grouping - got my vote too - good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pauline... I got your email. When I'm back from Dorset I will answer it...

      Delete
  7. Great stuff - a mini wardrobe in two weeks is fab and it's all adorable :) I'll vote for you

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an achievement Rachel! I can't believe you've sewn so many beautiful things in just two weeks! You've got my vote for sure!xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow whee! You're speedy sewists, aren't you! Will surely vote for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done, what a a lovely capsule wardrobe and excellent stash busting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never would have thought to layer a skirt over a dress. Great idea! Your wardrobe looks so well thought out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What a great mini wardrobe! I can't believe how quickly you put it together! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh you have been so busy, such wonderful outfits. Just voted for your great effort:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Rachel, I just went and voted for you.. Everything looks fantastic.Good luck..

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Don't worry if you cannot see your comment straight away.
I need to approve them. When they show it means I read, appreciated it, even made a happy dance. Sometimes is hard to answer individual comments but I will always answer a question.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me!