The more I work with Colette's patterns the more I feel understand how the patterns are drafted, leaving me a lot more satisfied with the end project.
I learned a lot from the 5 muslins from my Macaroon and thankfully now I can adjust all in flat pattern.
I know what modifications and adjustments I need to do to match my body accurately and the process of fitting it's so much easier. I doesn't mean it's a quicker process.
I spent a few hours on Sunday with my block, adjusting the flat pattern:
*Lengthen the pattern
*Adjust the darts position and size
*Add a small dart on the sleeve hole
*Cut the back a smaller size
*adjust the skirt so its not too full
From that, choosing the fabric to baste-fit it was a treat! I was very pleased with the fit with a few adjustments.
Now, I am in the process of actually sewing it and hopefully I get it finish this week If I can manage. I been feeling very tired recently and find it hard to be productive.
|few things to do....|
lots of love,