Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Tiramisu Love!

Pattern: Cake Pattern Tiramisu. #0144 

Level: Beginner. This is a really easy pattern to work with. I love the extra alterations lines. Why every company doesn't add them? They are really missing a trick here. The best part was being able to draw the finish seam of my waist/body band. I was really impress how nice it matches! I'm not just singing praises to Steph. I really believe she is doing great things on her patterns and she is a very talent lady. A joy to get to know better. 

Fabric:Left over for this tunic. Jersey £2 per metre bought during Walthamstow blogger's meet up.

Size and alterations:Oh dear! Ok, this is totally my own fault. I cut a size 35 D. I know that the 'D' isn't related to cup size and I would have been ok if I cut 30 with few alterations.
As you can see, was not fitting very well. I traced 7 cm off each side from the seam and tried. Just slightly "too brazilian" for the UK. I moved the centre front crossing to give me a bit more coverage and it fits nicely.
I didn't had enough fabric for a dress and I just cropped the skirt. The black was savaged from this ufo. 

Details and Notions: I have a little cheating secret. I didn't made the stretch satin bias. This loveliness was send to me by this family owned company called Minerva Crafts. You can see their varied stretch bias range here. Gosh. I'm in love with this product. This will be my most used method for knit finish. I will never make stretch bias if I can avoid it. It's so easy to use and looks so pretty in the inside. 
I cannot recommend this product enough. They are very helpful and speedy!  Making this top  with this little cheating secret has really made my day! I can see this product on swim wear... oh #sewing dare approaching!The exact satin bias I am using is this.

Time to complete: few hours on and off. Well, I'm not counting the 'chattiness time' just sitting on the pattern over cuppa.

First worn: I will apologise for the photos. Not my usual standard but my back was  giving me some  terrible grief since monday and I only managed a few minutes outside. Then was off to bed! I'm not 100% now but at least I can sit down, hence I'm writing this post. 


Will you make it again? Yes.. what a silly question lol

Conclusion: If you take 2 things from this post, remember it's ok to cheat by using shop bought stretch bias and do try more independent patterns as they will always delight you.

34 comments:

  1. Your Tiramisu looks absolutely gorgeous on you the fit is perfect! I love this fabric and black bias really sets it off... well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking fab, Rach! I really love the print of the fabric- super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks gorgeous, what a great fit on you. That stretch bias looks like a great buy too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning top Rachel, it suits you so well. Hope your back pain goes quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great, I am in love with this pattern! Hope your back feels better soon xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fab in your lovely top. Thanks so much for the bias info. I buy from Minerva but didn't realise this product even existed.

    I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your back is feeling better right now!
    That top is gorgeous and it fits you so perfectly! Thank you for letting us know about the stretch bias!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it as a top! it's a greta pattern (and sews up so quickly). i have my second one on my dressform for the bias skirt to hang before hemming and i can't wait to wear it. i wear the other loads!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great as a peplum top! Thanks for the link to the bias tape, too - I don't know that shop (yet)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks fab! I love the innovative way Stephanie approaches her patterns x

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful! i plan on buying this pattern, can't wait to make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks gorgeous, hope your back is feeling better soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great version of the Tira - I really need to get going on that pattern soon!

    Just to let you know, I've nominated you for an Inspiring Blogger Award over at http://helenssewingadventures.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/blogging-award.html

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty, it looks lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely stunning Rachel, one of the nicest versions I've seen. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful! I have this pattern, but haven't come close to using it yet. It's inspiring to see your version though--I hope I have time to make it up soon. Looks so comfy!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your interpretation as a peplum top!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very Pretty.. Looks great on you. love that you added the black.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is lovely! Thanks for sharing your secret for the stretch bias binding.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks gorgeous!! Really want to get the Tiramisu.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love love love your version!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your tiramisu is the best I've seen, and I've seen a lot on blogs. The skirt lends itself really well to become a peplum and you're the first person I've seen realise this. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful top! Hope you feel better soon!

    Noriecreates.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, now I want all the stretch satin bias! They use this in RTW and I've been wondering where to get it. And you, as always, look beautiful, back pain or no. Great top!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your fit of this - it looks fabulous. I must try the stretch satin bias, I haven't seen it in Oz, perhaps it is available online?
    I hope your back is better soon

    ReplyDelete
  27. Rachel this is lovely - the fit is perfect. It looks fabulous on you! And thanks for sharing details of the stretch bias - I'll have to get some.

    I hope you're feeling better now :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looks gorgeous! You've got the fit spot on, despite everything. And I'll second your thumbs up for Minerva Crafts - found them on ebay and have had all sorts of goodies from them. Hope your back's feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Pretty.... and you look amazing, Rachel!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is beautiful! And I must try out the stretch bias trick...! Absolutely love the monochrome look. And hope your back feels better soon... Nothing more crippling than a bad back :(

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous! I love this cropped as a top! Hope your back feels better. :(

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Don't worry if you cannot see your comment straight away.
I need to approve them. When they show it means I read, appreciated it, even made a happy dance. Sometimes is hard to answer individual comments but I will always answer a question.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me!